We would love to talk to you about items that you may be interested in consigning to our auctions. Just send us an email at email@example.com or give us a call at (317)967-2421 to see if the auction method is right for you or to schedule an appointment. You are under no obligation and we are always happy to hear from people interested in auctions. Whether you have 1 item or a whole house full, no consignment is too big or too small. Please be aware that we do not accept everything as some items may not be a good fit for the type of auctions that we do. We will ask you to send us pictures or tell us in detail what you have.
Things You Should Know About the consignment process
- If you need to have your items picked up, we can certainly help with that. We offer a pick up, packing and hauling of the goods to be sold. This Does have additional fees linked with each service.
- The more you as a consignor can do to get the items ready with help with some of the charges.
- Packing the items for transport is an hourly fee on a per person per hour fee. Same With Loading there is a flat rate for each pick up for the truck and trailer or what we call the haul fee.
- We as a company have the right to refuse what we deem as unsellable items, or item that we by lawn cant sell.
Tips for Getting the Most Money For Your Items that have been consigned.
- Make sure that your items are clean. Clean items will bring 2-3 times more money at auction than dirty ones will, and if your items are too dirty, we may reject them or we may charge you a cleaning fee. In any case, it will cost you more.
- Make sure that your items are odor free and free of pet hair.
- If your items are broken or damaged, please tell us. Certain types of “damage” are really not detrimental to the value (i.e. crazing on antique pottery) but other types of damage might be (i.e. crazing on new pottery).
- If you have information about your item(s) that would increase their value, please include it in writing. The best way is to write it on paper or a post it note and affix it to your item. We like to think we know a lot of stuff around here, but the truth is, nobody can know everything
- We will probably ask you to send pictures of what you have prior to bringing it over. This is to save you time. The pictures do not have to be good, they can be just a few shots of things in boxes or groups or even rooms full if you are bringing everything.
- Do not bring us what is left over after your garage sale, etc. With very few exceptions, it won’t sell……at least not for the price you want. Chances are good that these will be items that we won’t accept.
- If your items are sorted in some way, that will help us to get them into an auction sooner, especially if you have a great number of things such as a whole house clean out. They don’t have to be sorted into auction lots (we can do that), but if you can just put all of the kitchen stuff together in boxes, then all of the next room, etc, that will be great.
- Designer items (purses, watches, etc) will be considered on a case by case basis, but often times we cannot take them in on consignment. Please don’t take it personally if we reject them.